ALGWA Victoria Constitution
The Australian Local Government Women's Association Inc was founded in 1951. The Victorian Branch was established in 1963 and became incorporated in 1991. It is a not for profit, non party political Association open to individual membership.
The ALGWA Victorian Branch has an elected Executive of President, two Vice Presidents, Executive Officer and five Committee members.
ALGWA Vic was formed to support and encourage women's participation in Local Government.
The Statement of Purpose of ALGWA Vic is:
- To assist in furthering the knowledge and understanding of the function of Local Government
- To encourage women to participate in Local Government
- To encourage women to make a career in Local Government
- To protect the interests and rights of women in Local Government
- To take action in relation to any subject or activity affecting Local Government and Local Government legislation
- To act in an advisory capacity to intending women candidates for Local Government election
The ALGWA Victoria Constitution can be downloaded here: Constitution